Founded in 1897, the ESC Montpellier is one of the oldest Écoles Supérieures de Commerce in France and one of the oldest management schools in Europe. It has been accredited by three bodies – the AACSB, AMBA and EFMD-EPAS – and hosts an average of 150 international students from 37 different countries. It also offers access to a highly exclusive alumni network in France. The school is regularly listed at top positions in national and international rankings.
- 46th Master’s in Management in the world in the Financial Times ranking (September 2016)
- 14th in the SIGEM rankings of the “Concours Master,” the Grande École Master’s programme entrance exams in France, (+ 5 places between 2011 and 2016).
- 12th-ranked school of management in France for the Master’s Programme in the national competition established by Le Point, Le Parisien
The degree programme comprises 4 semesters. Students spend the first two semesters (Master 1, Bac +4, respectively) at their home institution and the last two semesters (Master 2, Bac +5, respectively) at the host institution. During their stay at the host institution, students remain enrolled at their home institution. The academic credit earned according to the double degree programme is mutually and equivalently accepted by both institutions. At the University of Bamberg, course credit and credit approval are governed by the examination regulations for the master’s degree programme in business administration and management. Course credit requirements and approval at the ESC Montpellier are regulated by the ESC’s examination regulations. To a large extent, students can define an individual degree emphasis by selecting certain areas of focus. Students that are initially admitted in Bamberg may choose from all areas of focus that are part of the master’s degree programme in business administration and management.
The following tables provide information about the distribution of the academic achievement between the two universities. Detailed information on the individual courses can be found on the web pages of the respective institutions.
Records of Bamberg-Montpellier double degree achievement for students from Bamberg:
- Continuous records of achievement (for students that started their studies during or after the winter semester 2015)
(251.4 KB, 3 pages)
Students from Montpellier coming to Bamberg as part of the double degree programme Montpellier-Bamberg can use the following email address for further questions and information: Mail
To apply for the programme in Montpellier, you must verify the following minimum language proficiency:
- French at the B2 level of the Common European Framework of References for Languages
- English by means of the TOEFL test (online) with a minimum score of 60 points or the IELTS test with at least 6 points
Additionally, a TOEIC score of 790 is required to validate a Master degree at Montpellier Business School.
Obtaining the academic degrees
After earning the examination credit required for the double degree programme, the ESC Montpellier confers the academic degree
Diplôme d’École Supérieure de Commerce de Montpellier/Master in Management
and the University of Bamberg confers the academic degree
Master of Science in Betriebswirtschaftslehre