Workshop: Research Information System (FIS) – everything about publishing
The Current Research Information System (FIS) records and visualizes research activities at the University of Bamberg. One important element of this system are publications. Faculty members can publish and document their findings in the FIS. In the workshop, you will learn about the capabilities of the FIS and how to use them.
The Current Research Information System (FIS) records and visualizes research activities at the University of Bamberg. One important element of this system are publications that are indexed in FIS, published in open access and linkable to research projects. Therefore FIS serves as institutional repository and university bibliography. Entered data can be used in a multitude of ways, for example for websites and publication lists. This workshops presents what FIS is capable of and how it works:
- Entering and managing publications – avoiding duplicate data storage
- Guaranteed permanent accessibility to data and publications
- Importing data from various sources
- Using the Opean Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID)
- Exporting to websites and publication lists
- Legal parameters for secondary publications (Sherpa Romeo)
- Publishing in open access
- Linking projects and publications
- Consideration for the performance oriented resource allocation (LOM)
The workshop is directed at members of the University Bamberg, who use the FIS to manage their research projects and publications and to publish in open access. The aim is to explain the essential functions of FIS and to test them with the help of examples. The course provides the opportunity for developing own ideas and for exchange and questions.
Research assisstants and research supporting staff, doctoral candidates, post graduate program participants, student auxiliaries
Dates and Registration
Current dates and registration in the virtual campus.
Additional sessions upon consultation fro groups of at least 5 people.
Should you have any question, please contact Barbara Ziegler, Tel. 863-1595.