Guidelines for the new password
- Please don't use trivial or easy to guess passwords!
- Please don't use first names as password!
- The password must have at least 8 characters!
- Passwords may not contain the complete username or first name or last name.
- Minimum 3 of 4 categories of characters must be included:
- Capital letters A to Z without mutated vowels e.g. Ä, Ö
- Small letters a to z without mutated vowels e.g. ß, ä, ö
- Numerics 0 to 9
- Special characters. Allowed special characters: ? = _ - ! " $ % + # & / ( ) , . ; :
A password change affects several IT services
As part of your university enrolment, you will be issued a personal user name (in the form of your BA number) and corresponding password. You can use these to
- work in university computer labs and use wireless internet
- send and receive email from your personal account
- log in and sign up for courses on the Virtual Campus (VC)
- access library services and information from the university network (file server and intranet) from home
- register for courses and look up your examination results and course credit.
Your initial password is a random combination of letters and numbers. Please handle it as you would your bank PIN and create a new one as soon as possible.