Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
Room 03.19, Luitpoldstr. 19, D-96052 Bamberg
Tuesdays from 11-12 am (online, by appointment via e-mail)
During semester breaks: by appointment via e-mail.
- since October 2021: Research assistant of Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) (Fachdidaktik Englisch), University of Bamberg
- October 2020-September 2021: Research assistant at the chair of English Linguistics, University of Würzburg
- 2020: First state examination (English and French, Gymnasiallehramt); Bachelor of Arts (English and American Studies and French Studies)
- 2016-2017: Foreign Language Assistant (PAD) in Hertfordshire, UK
- 2014-2015: Erasmus+ at the Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris
- 2013-2020: Studies in English and French for secondary school teaching, University of Würzburg
- Educational Linguistics
- Second Language Acquisition
- Crosslinguistic Influence
- Grammar Education
- Learning with Digital Media
Working title: Mobile Grammar Learning: Learner Attitudes, Effectiveness, Practical Implications for Future Development
This PhD project focusses on grammar learning with edu-apps. One of the main objectives is to develop practical implications for how grammar apps should be designed, especially from a linguistic point of view, so that they are both effective and motivating. More information can be found here.
- Grund, R., & Zirkel, M. (2022). Leseverstehen mithilfe von song lyrics überprüfen: Grundlegende Überlegungen, Aufgabenformate und ein Beispieltest zum Song Hero of War der Band Rise Against. Englisch 5-10, 58. 30-32.
- Grund, R., & Summer, T. (2022). The unsung heroes of the world: Anhand des Songs Superheroes über Heldinnen und Helden des Alltags reflektieren und sprechen. Englisch 5-10, 58. 34-35.
- Learning the present perfect and simple past through edu-apps (Talk). IATEFL 55th International Conference & Exhibition, Belfast. 17.-20.05.2022.
- Learning the English present perfect: Nature and extent of L1 German influence (Talk). Modern Linguistics and Language Didactics (LiDi) 2022, University of Kassel (with Barış Kabak). 28.-29.04.2022.
- Autonomous grammar learning: Future time reference in German and English (Talk). Nachwuchstagung für Englische Linguistik (NEL-3), University of Würzburg. 22.02.2021.