Financial Support for Female Academics
Equal opportunity funding is awarded for projects which have a special "Bamberg relevance", and thereby female scholars from the university´s four faculties are supported in their academic pursuits.
Equal opportunity funding is administered by the individual faculties` Women's Representatives.
Please submit applications directly to your respective Faculty Women's Representative (Please include receipts, transport ticket, invoices etc.).
Funding may be awarded for things like:
- conference and travel expense subsidies (please check in advance the additional possibility of funding by the committee for research and junior researchers, FNK)
- conference and travel expense allowances for female students presenting their work at the conference in question
- travel allowances for female students when research travels are necessary for the production of their final thesis
- guest lectures, lecture series, colloquia related to gender or women's topics
- seminars or workshops for female students and academic staff
- doctorate-related literature
Funding cannot be awarded for:
- printing expenses (applies to both female students and employees)
- literature for female students
- assistants for female employees
Decisions on funding applications concerning categories not listed above are taken by the Women´s Advisory Council. The respective Faculty Women's Representatives decide on the maximum amount of funding awarded.