Extended Board of Management
Pursuant to Article 24 of the Bavarian Higher Education Act, the University of Bamberg has an extended board of management comprised of the voting members of the board of management, the faculty deans and the university women’s representative. The university president is the chair of the extended board of management.
The extended board of management
- advises and supports the university board of management in the execution of its duties,
- establishes under consideration of the academic faculties’ development plans a university-wide development plan, updates this plan as necessary and submits it to the university council for review and implementation,
- takes decisions on proposals concerning the designation of research focus areas and the establishment of special research fields, graduate schools and research groups and their respective institutes,
- decides, according to Article 5, Section 2, Paragraphs 1 and 2 and relative to research and teaching evaluation data and development plans, on core budget areas proposed by the university board of management,
- takes decisions on proposals relating to university’s faculty structure.
The agenda and minutes of each extended board of management meeting are submitted for the attention of the members of the senate.
Members of the Extended Board of Management:
- Prof. Dr. Dr. habil. Godehard Ruppert, President
- Prof. Dr. Maike Andresen, Vice-President
- Prof. Dr. Frithjof Grell, Vice-President
- Prof. Dr. Guido Wirtz, Vice-President
- Dr. Dagmar Steuer-Flieser, Chancellor
- Prof. Dr. Markus Behmer, Dean
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Gehring, Dean
- Prof. Dr. Ute Schmid, Dean
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Wolstein, Dean
- Prof. Dr. Ute Franz, Women’s Representative