Career and Educational Prospects
Our graduates develop relevant specialist expertise and the ability to work responsibly and independently. Holders of the Bachelor of Arts in English and American Studies have found employment in publishing, bookselling, archives, libraries, journalism and cultural tourism in the anglophone world.
Due to their skills – in particular, their language proficiency– and cultural understanding of the Anglo-American world, our graduates are in high demand for positions in companies and institutions working with English-speaking countries or whose primary language of business is English.
A good bachelor's degree makes you eligible for a master's degree course. The University of Bamberg offers a Master of Arts in English and American Studies, fully taught in English with two possible pathways: a regular track and a joint master’s programme in English and American Studies:
- Master of Arts in English and American Studies
- Joint Master’s Degree in English and American Studies (in collaboration with the University of Graz in Austria, The City College of New York in the US, Université Paris Cité in France, the University of Pécs in Hungary, Ca' Foscari University of Venice in Italy, the Uniwersytet Jagiellonski w Krakowie in Poland and the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona in Spain)
After you finish your studies at the University of Bamberg, our alumni network allows you to
- keep in touch with valuable contacts from your time as a student and expand your personal network,
- remain available for practical research and teaching projects and support current students or projects,
- take advantage of the events and professional-development opportunities available at the University of Bamberg,
- seek out academic expertise for your industry or company, or
- actively contribute to the development of the university.
Are you an advanced student or graduate?
Use our internal evaluation form to give us feedback [please use the University’s VPN].