Prof. Dr. Till F. Sonnemann
Junior Professor for Digital Geoarchaelogy (IVGA)
Otto-Friedrich-University of Bamberg
Institute for Archaeology, Heritage Sciences and Art History
Phone: +49 951 863-3930
Fax: +49 951 863-3935
Office: Am Kranen 14, Room 02.05
Office attendance: Tuesday 14:00 - 16:00
My research and teaching interest is to improve the analysis and protection of archaeological and natural heritage by non-destructive and digital means. This includes mapping and interpreting cultural landscapes, developing heritage management solutions for a sustainable environment, and involving the public in the discussion on results and ideas.
- Honorary Associate, Department of Archaeology, The University of Sydney, Australia
- Guest Staff Member, Faculteit Archeologie, Universiteit Leiden, The Netherlands
- Member of ICOMOS Germany
- since October 2016 Junior Professor for Digital Geoarchaeology (IVGA)
- 2013 - 2016 Postdoctoral Researcher, ERC-Project Nexus1492, Faculty of Archaeology, University of Leiden, The Netherlands.
- 2012 - 2013 Geophysicist, GBG Australia, Parramatta.
- 2007 - 2012 PhD Candidate, Dept. of Archaeology, The University of Sydney, Australia (Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), 20/04/2012) "Angkor Underground – Applying GPR to analyse the diachronic structure of a great urban complex." Tutor and Lecturer at USYD's School of Geosciences (2008-2011).
- 2005 - 2007 Research Assistant at Centro de Intercambio e Investigación en Vulcanología, University of Colima, Mexico (Volcanology) at the Institute of Geodesy and Photogrammetry, ETH Zurich, Switzerland (Photogrammetry) and at the University of Vigo, Spain (GPR).
- 2001 - 2005 Intermediate Studies for the Magister Artium (M.A.) of Communication (major) and Art History (minor) at the University of Münster, Courses within ERASMUS Exchange (2002-03) at the University of Granada, Spain, and at Humboldt & Free University Berlin (2004-05). Intermediate Exam 24/08/2005.
- 2004 - 2005 Diploma thesis at Institute of Planetary Research, DLR Adlershof, Berlin "Neue Auswertung der Daten des Apollo Lunar Seismic Program zur Suche nach Tiefbeben auf der erdfernen Seite des Mondes"
- 1999 - 2005 Geophysics diploma (Dipl. Geophys.) Physics department, University of Münster, Germany (Dipl. Geophys. 27/07/2005).