Our research focuses on the question of how societies deal with technological change.
In doing so, we focus on technical change in the thematic areas of:
⁃ Artificial Intelligence;
⁃ energy transition.
In doing so, we are investigating
- Ways to promote or manage technical change in these areas;
- Population attitudes toward technological change in general or in relation to specific projects;
- Discourses of technology in the media and digital information environments.
We address these questions using a variety of methods. However, we predominantly work with methods of
- survey research;
- Experiments (randomized controlled trials);
- computational social science.
- Discursive power in the coverage of Covid-19: An international comparison of hidden structures in contemporary media systems identified with deep learning techniques in text, images, and video. VolkswagenStiftung. http://portal.volkswagenstiftung.de/search/projectDetails.do?ref=921741
- Communicative Power in Hybrid Media Systems: The Relative Prominence and Evolution of Frames. VolkswagenStiftung. http://portal.volkswagenstiftung.de/search/projectDetails.do?ref=92174