- Please note that the bachelor/master seminar (seminar course for BA/MA Applied CS) in winter term 2019/2020 will have a new focus: It is offered by Ute Schmid to the topic Explainable AI.
- From summer term 2020 onwards Johannes Rabold will offer a master seminar course on deep learning. This course is open for students who successfully participated at the master course machine learning.
- Projects (6 ECTS) will be offered for bachlor and master students each summer term with practice partners, focussing on "Hands-on Machine Learning".
On this page you find:
Overview of Cognitive Systems Courses
Below you find an overview of courses taught by the cognitive systems group. Each course has its own subpage (see navigation bar on the left).
Timetable WS 21/22
|08:00 - 10:00||V Lernende Systeme|
|V Kognitive Modellierung|
|10:00 - 12:00||Kognitive Informatik|
|12:00 - 14:00||Ü Lernende Systeme|
|Ü Kognitive Modellierung|
Bachelor/Master Projekt Kognitive Systeme
|14:00 - 16:00|
|16:00 - 18:00|
- From winter 2019/2020 the module "Machine Learning" (Lernende Systeme) is elegible for students of the master in Survey Statistics (MiSS). The module is an official import module for this degree.
- Please note that in summer 2018 the module Intelligent Agents has been taught for the last time. From summer 2019 onwards, a new modul "Introduction to Artificial Intelligence" (Einführung in die Künstliche Intelligenz) is offered as a joint module with Diedrich Wolter (SME). Most topics of Intelligent Agents will be covered in this new module.
- In summer term 2017 Ute Schmid will be on sabbatical. The lecture of the module Intelligent Agents will be held by Michael Mendler. The seminar course "Gender Aspects" will not be offered.
- In winter term 2015/2016, the KogSys seminar was jointly offered with SmartEnvironments with focus on artificial intelligence. This offer will be continued each winter term. (last time offered: winter 18/19)
- In summer term 2016 there was a joint bachelor/master project with SmartEnvironments where we participated at and WON the AI Birds competition.
- In summer term 2015 a new seminar in the "Kontext-Studium", Gender Aspects in Informatics, has been introduced as a new, regular course. The seminar is offered jointly with Kai Fischbach. This course will combine discussion of theoretical aspects of gender in computer science with development of activities (such as mentoring, teaching material for pupils, image videos).
- In summer term 2015 there was a joint bachelor/master project with MoBi investigating analyses of traces of pedestrians during events in the city center. Since the CogSys part of the project is concerned with applying machine learning techniques, the course should be elected by master students who already completed our machine learning module.
- In winter term 2013/2014 the master seminar "reading club" (M2) was offered as a block course, since this course was not offered in summer 2013.
- In winter term 2013/2014 we offered a joint bachelor/master project with KTR [VC-Course page]
- In summer term 2013 Ute Schmid was on sabbatical. The lecture of the module Intelligent Agents was held by Michael Mendler.
- In winter term 2012/2013 there was a joint seminar/project of GdI and KogSys: Robot Problem Solving [VC-Course page]
- The module KogSys-HCI-M was offered in WS 2009/2010 for the last time. Starting in WS 2010/2011 a new module, KogSys-KogMod-M: Kognitive Modellierung is offered.
- Starting in WS 2010/2011 a special course for Bachelor students in psychology, Grundlagen der Kognitiven Informatik, is offered.
- In summer term 2010 Ute Schmid held the lecture "Machines and Languages" (Grundlagen der Theoretischen Informatik) in place of Michael Mendler who was on sabbatical.