Bachelor Seminar (WS 2011/2012)
- For a general course description please read the corresponding pages from the WIAI module guide.
- You find administrative information at UnivIS.
- Participants should sign up for the course in the virtual campus.
- This course is open to diploma students who did not select Cognitive Systems aus special topic.
Basic text book:
D. Gentner, K.J. Holyoak, and B.K. Kokinov (2001). The Analogical Mind. Perspectives from Cognitive Science. MIT Press.
Recent work on analogy:
For each student, a chapter of the book or the proceedings constitutes his/her basic reading material. Specific further reading (typically one research paper) will be selected after consultation.
- Benedikt Wirth, Why we are so smart - Development of analogical reasoning [pdf] [presentation]
- Jacqueline Hofmann, Analogical Learning in Mathematics [pdf] [presentation]
- Enya Lemal, Metaphor enriched social cognition [pdf] [presentation]
- Tobias Kaiser, Analogical Problem Solving in ACT-R [pdf] [presentation]
- Robert Terbach, Programming by Analogy [presentation]
- Stefan Reif-Beck, Analogy and Product Similarity as Determinants of Purchase Decisions
LaTeX-Slides from Klaus Stein [pdf]