The University of Bamberg is both the youngest and one of the oldest universities in Bavaria.
All four of the university's faculties are committed to translating the results of their research into practical impulses and solutions for problems encountered in the field. In addition to traditional fields like research and teaching, the university considers the transfer of knowledge and technology to be a task of the highest priority.
With a view to its wide-ranging subject profile, the university directs its transfer activities at numerous external partners active in regional and trans-regional commerce and industry, as well as at other target groups and realms of society.
What we offer:
- In cooperation with business associations, the transfer office organizes informational events for these associations’ members.
- At public events, University of Bamberg representatives provide regional corporations with information on what the university has to offer.
- Working with regional economic promotion organizations, the transfer office provides information on opportunities for academic and commercial cooperation.
- The transfer office facilitates, supervises and provides funding counsel for cooperative projects between businesses and universities – and with the involvement of the consortium of transfer offices of Bavarian universities, this work is carried out trans-regionally.
- The university transfer office oversees new business formation and provides assistance with acquiring scholarships and with the realization and patenting of inventions.