Application and Admission
Admission to the master’s degree programme in Information Systems generally requires that an applicant already hold a completed university or equivalent degree in the same major subject, or a closely related one, with a grade average equivalent to the German 2.7 or better.
Related degree programmes include all those in Economics, as well as Computer Science, Applied Computer Science and Industrial Engineering.
Applicants who have previously completed an initial degree comprising at least 180 ECTS-Points (6 semesters) may be admitted to a 4-semester, 120-ECTS master’s programme in Information Systems.
If you are applying with a related Bachelor's programme, the following competences must be proven: Minimum of 30 ECTS points for modules in Business Information Systems, minimum of 24 ECTS points for modules in Computer Science, minimum of 24 ECTS points for modules in Business Administration and minimum of 18 ECTS points for modules in Mathematical Basics. The gap must not exceed 30 ECTS, thus you can also be accepted if a total of 30 Credit Point are missing. Accordingly, up to 30 ECTS credits can be issued additionally as condition modules. These modules must be completed within one year.
Please be aware that the admission procedure can take several weeks. You should therefore apply as early as possible in order to allow sufficient time for planning your studies. We recommend that you observe the following application deadlines:
Studies beginning in the winter semester
- Recommended application deadline: no later than 31st of August
Studies beginning in the summer semester
- Recommended application deadline: no later than 28th of February
Foreign applicants not currently residing in Germany should, if possible, apply earlier in order to leave ample time for language aptitude tests, entry and visa formalities, and also for moving and becoming acquainted with the new culture and academic environment.
Your completed application must include the following documentation:
- Certification of having successfully passed the examination for, or otherwise meeting the general or restricted university entry qualification
- Verification of a completed university degree (If final transcripts are not yet available at the time of application, they can be submitted later. This however does not apply to foreign applicants; see below.)
- Documentation of courses and examinations completed within the scope of the first degree (e.g. a transcript of records, or transcript of current achievement)
- Where applicable: professional credentials/references, certificates from professional and continuing educational programmes
- For foreign applicants: Certificates giving proof of your German language proficiency, at least of level B2, along with a copy of your identity card or passport.
Please complete the Office of the Registrar’s online Application for Admission.
Where do I send my application?
If you earned your higher education entry qualification at a German school, please send your application documents, including a hard copy of the online application, to the Office of the Dean, Fakulty of Information Systems and Applied Computer Science, An der Weberei 5, 96047 Bamberg
If you did not earn your higher education entry qualification at a German school, please send your application to the Registration Office.