There are many reasons for studying a masters degree in International Software Systems Science at the University of Bamberg:
- Focus on software. Software Systems Science emphasizes the increasingly important field of software analysis and the development of innovative networked software systems. This can give you a career advantage over other competitors with a background from traditional computer science courses oriented towards engineering and natural sciences.
- Project-centered studies with individually-chosen priorities. There is a wealth of module options that enable you to set your own priorities following your personal interests. Your field of specialization will be specified in the M.Sc. degree certificate. The degree course also offers a significant share of project-centered studies giving you hands-on experience with innovative technologies and a chance to participate in research projects run by the faculty.
- Excellent student-lecturer ratio. The close interaction with our students is especially important to us. We pay particular attention to keeping group sizes small in practicals, labs, projects and seminars. All of our professors and lecturers are responsive and easily approachable also outside of the weekly consultation hours.
- International experience. English teaching and the possibility of participation in international research projects will prepare you for your professional career in the globalized IT world. As part of the masters programme you can optionally spend a semester (or more) at one of our partner universities abroad and gain valuable skills and experience within an international context.
- Spring board into the job market. An internship in an internationally acting company which you may conduct optionally within the masters programme will give you a practice run and first contact points for later job searches. It may also be your first step into the domestic job market if you decide to seek employment in Germany after completion of your masters degree. The Career & International Center provides help in this matter.
- Modern equipment. The faculty is accommodated in a brand-new building on the ERBA island built in 2012. It houses modern appointed lecture rooms, seminar rooms and computer laboratories equipped with high-end multi-media equipment and powerful computing facilities representing the latest state of technology.
- Studying in a world heritage site. The UNESCO world heritage city of Bamberg is renowned for its spectacular old town and special atmosphere. It offers something for every taste, leisure activities as well as for the culturally interested. The citizens of Bamberg are proud of their hospitality which is not only enjoyed by international tourists but also by more than 13,000 enthusiastic students who decided to come to Bamberg from all around Germany and foreign countries world-wide.
- English teaching and no tuition fees. Being a state-owned institution, the University of Bamberg does not charge any tuition fees. This means you get a fully English-taught masters training of the highest international quality essentially for free. At the same time, living costs in the city of Bamberg and the surrounding region of Franconia are still quite reasonable.
Skip to career prospects