Computer Science at Bamberg University
Here you can find detailed information concerning the Computer Science group’s fields of activity and its individual departments and professorships.
The Computer Science group has been in development since 2002. It currently comprises four working groups that address a broad spectrum of practically oriented Computer Science topics. These cover logical issues concerning foundational knowledge, various network technologies and their assessment, as well as distributed and mobile systems.
More information on the individual working groups:
- Professorship for Foundations of Computer Science
(Prof. Michael Mendler, PhD - )
- Professorship of Computer Science – Communication Services, Telecommunication Systems and Computer Networks
(Prof. Dr. Udo Krieger - )
- Chair of Practical Computer Science / Distributed Systems Group
(Prof. Dr. Guido Wirtz - )
- Software Technologies Research Group
(Prof. Dr. Gerald Lüttgen - )
- Chair of Computer Science, in particular Mobile Software Systems / Mobility
(Prof. Dr. Daniela Nicklas - )
- Privacy and Security in Information Systems Group (Prof. Dr. Dominik Herrmann - )
Programmes offered jointly by the Applied Computer Science and Computer Science groups comprise
- the bachelor’s degree programme in Software Systems Science,
- the bachelor’s degree programme in Applied Computer Science,
- the master’s degree programme in Applied Computer Science,
- the master’s degree programme in Computing in the Humanities,
- the master´s degree programme in International Software Systems Science
- the minor in Cultural Computing
- and involvement in Information Systems degree programmes.
These web pages provide information on degree programmes and on individual departments and professorships. Feel free to contact members of the Computer Science group with any questions or suggestions.