Education and Qualification
2011 to 2016
Engineering Doctorate: Investigating the use of 3D digitisation for public facing applications in cultural heritage institutions. UCL Centre for Virtual Environments, Interaction and Visualisation (UCL VEIV) EngD project sponsored by the Science Museum.
September 2010 to September 2011
MRes in Virtual Environments, Imaging and Visualisation
September 2009 to September 2010
MA in Electronic Communication and Publishing
1992 to 1995
University of Cambridge: BA (Hons) Philosophy
Vocational and Research Experience
since October 2017
Research Associate at the Chair for Digital Technologies in Heritage Conservation, University of Bamberg
2011 to 2017
Lecturer at the department of Information Studies at the University College London
Teaching assistant/lecturer for the master modules "Internet Technologies", "Digital Ressources in the Humanities", "XML", "Introduction to Digitisation", and "Web Technologies, Users and Management"
Delivered 3D digitisation for the Digital Resources, 3D digitisation and seminars for the Advanced Topics in Digital Humanities
1996 to 2008
Magazine Writer/Editor, freelance journalist
UCL 3DIMPact projects:
- 3D digital documentation of the Shipping Galleries before decommission, Science Museum London (2012)
- The Islamic Wallet - a bag made in Northern Iraq around 1300 (Courtauld Institute of Art) (2013-2014)
- Hampton Court, Queens Staircase, Photogrammetric Analysis of Ceiling (2012-2014)
- Illuminating Objects – Evaluation of 3D content on the web, Courtauld Institute of Art 2012
- Hindmarch, J., Terras, M., Robson, S., On Virtual Auras: The Cultural Heritage Object in the Age of 3D Digital Reproduction in The Routledge International Handbook of New Digital Practices in Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums and Heritage Sites. ed. / Hannah Lewi; Wally Smith; Steve Cooke; Dirk vom Lehn. Routledge, 2019. (Routledge International Handbook)
Hess, M., Colson, A. and Hindmarch, J. (2018) Capacity Building and Knowledge Exchange of Digital Technologies in Cultural Heritage Institutions, Museum International, vol. 70, no. 1–2, pp. 48–61 [Online]. DOI: 10.1111/muse.12192
- Investigating the use of 3D digitisation for public facing applications in cultural heritage institutions, Hindmarch, Dissertation, University College London 2016-11-28.
- MacDonald, L., Hindmarch, J., Robson, S., & Terras, M. (2014). Modelling the appearance of heritage metallic surfaces. ISPRS - International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, XL-5, 371-377. ISPRS. doi:10.5194/isprsarchives-XL-5-371-2014
- Giacometti, A., Gibson, A., Hess, M., Hindmarch, J., Macdonald, L., Pal, K., Weyrich, T. (2014). Heritage Imaging at UCL. Annual Conference of Association for Historical and Fine Art Photography (AHFAP).
- Digital Humanities Congress 2014, Sheffield: Hindmarch, J., MacDonald, L., Terras, M., Robson, S., & Gerstein, A. (2014), Präsentation. 3D Modelling of Islamic Metalwork: Processes and Potentials.
- Museum Computer Network 2014, Dallas: Hindmarch, J., Prugnon, A., Shaw, M., Soni, A., Terras, M. M., & Robson, S. (2014), Präsentation. 3D Scanning of the Science Museum's Shipping Gallery.