Information for international students and guests
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, students and guests from abroad face particular challenges and have specific questions. For instance, are there currently entry restrictions in place for Germany and Bavaria? Do any quarantine measures currently apply? And to whom should I turn if I need help during my stay? The most important up-to-date information sources for answering these kinds of questions are collected for you here. In addition, you will also find contact information for university, regional and national services that can answer your personal and medical questions.
Information on entry restrictions, quarantine and infection prevention measures
We recommend that all students and guests from abroad carefully review the following information before entering Germany and Bavaria:
- The German Federal Foreign Office provides information (in German) on entering Germany.
- You can find legal information pertaining to the coronavirus on the Bavarian Ministry of Health website, particularly
- the "Verordnung über Quarantänemaßnahmen für Einreisende zur Bekämpfung des Coronavirus" (only available in German)
- Bavarian regulation on infection prevention and control measures (Infektionsschutzmaßnahmenverordnung) of 15 June 2020.
- The Robert-Koch-Institut provides information on
- international risk areas
- Information on the recognition of molecular biological tests for SARS-CoV-2 when entering Germany from a risk area
- German-language information on border controls and current entry and exit regulations is available on the German Federal Police’s FAQ website
Further information concerning the coronavirus
- World Health Organization Europe (WHO)
- Robert Koch-Institut (rki)
- Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung (Federal Institute for Risk Assessment – BfR)
- Federal Ministry of Health
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), Solna/Schweden
- Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), USA
- The Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH)
Information on how to download a Coronavirus warning app can be found on the website of the Federal Government.
Important telephone numbers and contact points in Germany and the region
If medical or personal questions arise during your stay at the university and in the region, there are several contact points that can help you:
- Emergency medical services (ärztlicher Bereitschaftsdienst) - 116117
- Independent patient counselling (Unabhängige Patientenberatung Deutschland) - 0800 011 77 22
- Public administration customer service (Einheitliche Behördenrufnummer) - 115 (www.115.de)
- Federal Ministry of Health (Bundesministerium für Gesundheit) - 030 346 465 100
- State Office for Heath and Food Safety (Landesamt für Gesundheit und Lebensmittelsicherheit) - 09131 6808-5101
- Bamberg District Office of Healthcare (Fachbereich Gesundheitswesen) - 0951 85-651