Open Research and Teaching Assistant Position
The Human Interaction Group at the University of Bamberg invites applications for a position of a
(100% regular working hours; German tariff scale E 13 TV-L)
We guarantee the position for two years and aim to extend it up to 6 years. The position is full-time and offers the possibility of doing a PhD or Post-Doc.
The HCI Group designs, develops, and evaluates technological concepts, prototypes, and systems based on an understanding of how people interact with and communicate through information and communication technology.
- Participation at the research, particular in design, developing and evaluation technological concepts, prototypes, and systems based on an understanding of how people interact with and communicate through information and communication technology
- Own scientific qualification with the aim Ph.D. or Habilitation
- Master or PhD degrees in Computer Science or related areas is a prerequisite
- Experience in the conception, implementation, and evaluation of interactive and cooperative systems. As a candidate you have experience in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), particularly in the areas of Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW) and Social Media, or Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp)
- Experience in programming (esp. Java)
- Good command of English (and willingness to learn German)
- Experience in Mac OS is a bonus
The University of Bamberg is an equal opportunity employer, and is interested in increasing the number of women in academic positions. Applicants with severe disabilities but equivalent qualifications receive preferential treatment. Part time employment is possible.
The University of Bamberg has been certified by the Hertie Foundation as a family-friendly university, particularly committed to reconciling family and working life.
Please send your application documents electronically (as 1 PDF-file, max. 6 MB) to: hci_inf(at)cmlab.de
Application Deadline: 9 May 2018
Prof. Dr. Tom Gross
University of Bamberg
Human-Computer Interaction Group
An der Weberei 5