Bachelor Seminar (WS 2007/2008)
- For a general course description please read the corresponding pages from the WIAI module guide.
- You find administrative information at UnivIS.
- Participants should sign up for the course in the virtual campus.
- This course is open to diploma students who did not select Cognitive Systems aus special topic.
Basic text book:
D. Gentner, K.J. Holyoak, and B.K. Kokinov (2001). The Analogical Mind. Perspectives from Cognitive Science. MIT Press.
For each student, a chapter of this book constitutes his/her basic reading material. Specific further reading (typically one research paper) will be selected after consultation.
- Introduction to Analogy (Slides of the talk [pdf])
- Introduction to reading and presenting scientific papers, assignement of topics
- Seminar Talks
- Olexandr Bober: Analogy as Core of Cognition (Copycat, Analogy by Abstraction, and Linguistic Analogies) [Vortrag][Ausarbeitung]
- Alexey Kosukho: Case-based Reasoning for Business Processes [Vortrag][Ausarbeitung]
- Michael Langer: Emotional Analogies (a Model of Transfer of Emotions; Application to advertisements) [Vortrag][Ausarbeitung]
- Matthias Büttner: Analogical Comparison in Choice (application to HCI) [Vortrag] [Ausarbeitung]
- Mihaela Tudose: Analogical Reasoning in Children [Vortrag][Ausarbeitung]
- Final Discussion