Business Valuation and Analysis
|Teaching Cycle||Winter Semester|
|Type of Examination||Written exam (60 Minutes)|
Dr. David Shirkhani, Timo Haberkern
A Bachelor’s Degree is normally required. Knowledge of accounting in accordance with the German Commercial Code and IFRS is strongly recommended.
In this module theoretical basic principles of key figure analysis and business valuation are taught. In the corresponding practical sessions, knowledge acquired will be applied through analyses of business assets, financial position and earnings. Students will also carry out business valuation and practise making investment decisions.
Key learning topics are:
- Principles of investment appraisal
- Principles of business valuation
- Basic principles of financing theory
- Financial statement analysis
- Techniques for strategic balance sheet analysis
- Fundamental methods of forecasting
- Incorporation of current research
All information is issued for guidance and can be subject to change.
Legally binding requirements regarding examination procedures is provided for your information by the Examination Board.