Telephone and e-mail policy of the chair of innovation management
In the last few years, the entire chair team has put a lot of effort in systematizing all the information that is important for a successful study and placing it on the chair's website. In particular, this includes information on the lectures and the respective examination modalities, the time limits to be considered (in particular with regard to the registration and deregistration of lectures), detailed information on the preparation of seminar, bachelor and master theses as well as guidelines for applying for a preliminary and subsequent correction of examinations. This information is regularly supplemented and updated so that all students receive the latest up-to-date information at all times. Despite this broad, easily accessible information base, the chair is confronted to a considerable extent with telephone inquiries and e-mails from people who seem to ignore this information basis. The situation is becoming increasingly acute due to the great number of students. For that reason, we have summarized the most important rules for students with regard to the communication with the chair on this site. We kindly request all students to prospectively consider these behavioral expectations. This is the only way to efficiently process your inquiries.
- Before sending an e-mail or calling us, please consult the internet presence of the chair and, if necessary, of other important institutions of the University and the faculty (e.g. the audit committee, the examination office, the student advisory service). We are no longer responding to individual inquiries, for which an answer already exists on the website of the chair.
- When you contact us, please take into account the chair internal responsibilities of the organizational supervisory of the single lectures (see here). An unnecessary chair internal forwarding of e-mails is an easily avoidable time and cost factor, too.
- For all students’ concerns, the students’ e-mail address, which was given to you by the university as part of the enrollment, should be used. This is essential for the protection of personal data.
- Please consider the fundamental principles of courtesy which, of course, also apply in the e-mail communication of an academic institution.
- We take your concerns very seriously and try to support and find solutions. Please note that answering your queries may take time, especially when it comes to individual problem situations for which a solution needs to be found. Consider that e-mails which are sent to us on Sunday evening cannot be answered on Monday morning. Please avoid unnecessary reminders.
Hopefully, these rules create a basis enabling you to communicate as efficiently as possible with the chair.
Chair of Business Administration, especially Innovation Management