Accounting in accordance with IFRS – Basics
|Teaching Cycle||Winter Semester|
|Type of Examination||Written exam (60 Minutes)|
Julius Pinckernelle, Annika Brasch
none, but knowledge of Accounting and Auditing in accordance with the German Commercial Code is strongly recommended.
In this module, the process of international harmonisation of external accounting in Germany as well as the institutional and normative basic principles of accounting in accordance with IFRS will be taught. In the corresponding practice sessions, knowledge acquired will be applied through practical case studies.
Key learning topics are:
- Influencing environmental factors affecting financial reporting systems
- The process of internationalising financial reporting in Germany
- History, organisation and functioning of the IASB
- Framework of the IASB
- Components of IFRS financial statements
- Essential provisions of the IFRS in regard to balance sheet information, evaluation and disclosure
- Principles of consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS
All information is issued for guidance and can be subject to change.
Legally binding requirements regarding examination procedures is provided for your information by the Examination Board.