Why an internship abroad?
The study and subject examination regulations for the IISM course stipulate that students either study for a semester at a university abroad or complete an internship of at least four months in an international context.
An internship abroad offers valuable practical experience in international IT management as well as the opportunity to get to know other cultures or to deepen language skills.
On this page we have put together information and further links on the subject of internships abroad.
Organizational matters and crediting
The students are responsible for organizing their internship themselves. To support this, we have compiled a great deal of information and offer a pool of companies that provide internships abroad for our students.
Further interdisciplinary information and application tips can be found on the website of the University of Bamberg's International Office.
Please coordinate your internship with your academic advisor in advance so that there are no problems with the crediting. The internship is credited with 12 ECTS in the IISM course. The following conditions must be met for this:
- It has to be subject-specific.
- The minimum duration is four months.
- Two internships can also be completed, with a minimum duration of 1 month.
The following documents must be submitted to the responsible academic advisor for credit:
- Company internship certificate
- Written internship report of at least four A4 pages
Offers of the faculty
The WIAI faculty is constantly expanding its network, which includes companies that offer internships abroad. If you are interested in an internship at a partner company, please contact the Career Center, which will support you with your application.
Only students of the University of Bamberg have access to the job advertisements:
- WIAI job exchange - we recommend that interested parties subscribe to the "Internships in an international context" section of the VC course in order to be automatically informed by email as soon as new offers appear.
- A list of cooperation partners of the faculty who offer internships in an international context can be found on the Career Center website.
In addition to the faculty-internal offers, there are i.a. the following generally accessible offers:
- The Bavarian-Indian Center - organization to promote cooperation between Bavaria and India, offers internship placement with current advertisements
- IAESTE program (worldwide internship exchange organization), contact: International Office
- DAAD internship exchange worldwide
It is of course also possible to send a speculative application to companies. Databases with relevant companies can be found among others on the websites of the respective German chambers of foreign trade. There are partially lists of members, such as at the AHK India or the AHK China.
You can find further helpful links and support on the website of the International Office.
Experience reports from students who have completed an internship abroad include can be found on the following website:
- International Office (access only for students at the University of Bamberg)