Checklist: "Before your departure"
Your stay in Bamberg is about to end? Please remember to take care of the following formalities before you depart:
- Cancellation of your rental contract (Please note that a three months’ notice usually applies).
- Deregistration from the city registration office (you will find the necessary deregistration form here(400.6 KB)).
- Cancellation of your health insurance contract and of other insurance contracts if applicable (Please take note of the cancellation period!)
- Notification of the responsible family office (if you are receiving child allowance) and/or parental allowance office (if you are receiving parental allowance) of your date of departureif applicable.
- Closure of your bank account if applicable. If you still expect payments into or debiting from your account after your departure, you should generally be able to arrange for a closing down date after your departure. Please arrange for the details with your bank prior to your departure.
- Deregistration from the public broadcasting license (GEZ) if applicable(You will find the necessary online-deregistration form here – German only)
- Return of your office keys, library card and guest card if applicable (You will find the form for returning the guest card here).
- Deregistration from the Welcome Center. Please inform us about your departure. We would like to stay in touch and are happy to add you to our alumni mailing list.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding your departure or if you need any support.