Saturday, 10 March 2018
8.45 a.m. - 9.00 a.m. Announcements
9.00 a.m. - 10.30 a.m. Keynote 2
- Rüdiger Heinze (TU Braunschweig)
"Waltzing with War: The Representation of Trauma & War in Comics"
10.30 a.m. - 11.00 a.m. Coffee Break
11.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m. Panel 3: New Approaches to and Representations of Trauma
- Matthias Voigt (Goethe University of Frankfurt)
"Lakota Vietnam Combat Vets, PTSD, and the Sweat Lodge"
- Melanie Stengele (University of Konstanz)
"Uncovering the Self: Explorations of Recovery in J.L. Carr's A Month in the Country
12.00 p.m. - 1.30 p.m. Lunch Break
1.30 p.m. - 3.00 p.m. Panel 4: War in Contemporary Fiction
- Brahim Benmoh (Chouaib Doukkali University, El Jadida)
"The Politics of Representing Trauma and War in Hassan Balasim's The Corpse of Exhibition and Kevin Power's The Yellow Birds
- Raffaele Cutolo (University of Verona)
"The Conflict Within: Queer Selves at War"
- Nadia Naar (Moukoud Mammeri University of Tizi Ouzou)
"Fractured Selves, Damaged Psyches, and Haunting Voices: The Trauma of the Colonial War in Algerian Fiction"
3.00 p.m. - 3.15 p.m. Coffee Break
3.15 p.m. - 4.45 p.m. Panel 5: (Auto)Biographical Narratives of War and Trauma
- Suncica Klaas (University of Potsdam)
"Trauma and Testimoniality in Contemporary American Autobiography"
- Claudia Zini (Courtauld Institute of Art, London)
"From Home to Exile and Back: Autobiographical Survival Strategies in Post-War Bosnia-Herzegovina"
- Said Gada (Mouloud Mammeri University of Tizi Ouzou)
"Media Stories and Trauma: Breaking the 'Conspiracy' of Silence in the Algerian Daily El Watan"
5.00 p.m. - 6.00 p.m. Guided Tour of the City
8.00 p.m. Conference Dinner